THE SESSION – GENERAL INFORMATION
- Check your vet is happy for your animal to receive bodywork (law in the UK)
- The methods I use are Masterson Method, Acupressure and aromatherapy oil work based on the Raindrop Technique.
- These methods are non invasive and do not involve strong manipulation.
- I am insured and qualified
- The methods I uses work as a conversation between the animal and myself
- Uses the animals body language to identify areas of discomfort and tension
- The animal can be at liberty but NO FOOD
- If the animal has to be held, please do not interact with them. I need their full attention
- Your animal is important to you so please speak up if you have any questions or worries
WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE SESSION:
- I work with rather than on your animal
- The pace is dictated by them
- The session can be 3, 30 minutes or 3 hours. It is all about what their sensory system can comfortably take.
- As the session progresses signs of relaxation and releases can be seen. the animal becomes quieter.
- I do not diagnose, but make observations, and make suggestions. (who to speak to i.e. – vet)
- My aim is to make your animal more comfortable, not to fix them but release tension. This might be all that is needed to resolve an issue or improve performance.
- There are no specific goals or expectations.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARDS
- You may of seen lots of releases during the session
- Don’t worry if your animal is sleepy or ‘zoned out’ this is normal
- If possible let them wander around to become aware of any changes that have occurred
- On horses it isn’t recommended to have a session 3-4 days prior to competition
- DO NOT expect miracle cures
- Sometimes several sessions are needed but let the results speak for themselves
- The 1st session is not always as good as subsequent sessions, as initially the animal doesn’t know what to expect.
- Feedback (good or bad) is really appreciated, please keep me informed